This blog is in recess. New contributions will still appear from time to time and new contributors are welcome. Check out orienteering.org.nz and the facebook o scene for your regular online orienteering fix.

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Two Kiwis in top 30 of Spring Cup!

Just caught up on Ross's and Chris's performances at the Spring Cup, great write up on Ross's Blog! (as well as map, route, etc). Also checked out the google english translation of Daniel Hubman's write-up...worth it for the amusing computer translation...

I started very well, although I find the first two items could not read a lot and easily to the familiar direction. The card was pretty confusing, what I later race also observed. Up to my first error in Item 15, I expressed no difficulty. There, I ran a little too cheeky and crossed into two water troughs apparently without notice to it.

But awesome guys, you guys are doing us proud and lifting the benchmark back up to where we were in the late 90's with Al, Darren, Bruce, Greg et al. I look forward to seeing you lift it higher. A real intense battle going on there to see who is going to be the first kiwi male to usurp Al as "New Zealand's best male orienteer ever!".

1 comment:

Alistair said...

Goddammit I'll have to make a comeback to keep you all behind me where you belong! ;-)