This blog is in recess. New contributions will still appear from time to time and new contributors are welcome. Check out orienteering.org.nz and the facebook o scene for your regular online orienteering fix.

Friday 15 May 2009

Highway to the Danger Zone

I have been looking into the mental aspects of training lately. I think in Orienteering it is often over-looked as Navigation fills a large amount of your available "mental space". Like any sport, getting into the right frame of mind before a race is critical to your performance. And to make it all the more complicated everyone is different and requires a different approach. In my internet browsing travels I came across this article: Into the Danger Zone, an interview with Michael Johnson and his mental preparation before a race which reminded me of the movie Top Gun....

No comments: