This blog is in recess. New contributions will still appear from time to time and new contributors are welcome. Check out orienteering.org.nz and the facebook o scene for your regular online orienteering fix.

Thursday 27 August 2009

Race Analysis

For most Kiwis we get a month or so of full on racing in Europe each year if we're lucky. The month is full of racing and training and often by the end becomes very much a day to day focus instead of looking at the big picture of improvement. Now we have the other 11 months of the year to look at the races we have done in Europe and consider mistakes, successes and learnings we can take. I have been using some different ways of considering my mistakes to try and gain even more from my European experience this year. This evening as I was procrastinating about studying I found a very in depth analysis on Estonian Junior Lauri Sild's blog of his season last year (WorldofO does really have alot of information). Lauri is a year younger than me and is a consistent top 10 JWOC runner, and one of the nicest guys I've met. The depth of analysis he uses suggests we could spend more time reflecting on our races as a way to make the Europe experience last. It's made me grab my maps out and open up winsplits to have another look at what my mistakes really cost me. The link is http://laurisild.blogspot.com/2009/01/last-seasons-biggest-mistakes.html

No comments: